Who doesn’t like falafel? In this tasty version you will find that preparing them is not even that complicated! With the addition of F3 Protein Powder Supplement, Beta Heart and Herbalife Nutrition Toasted Soy Nuts, these delicately spiced falafels are great both cold for an autumn lunch outside the home and hot for a nice dinner when the days get shorter.
- 250 g of dried chickpeas (or 2x400g of canned chickpeas, drained)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of parsley, excluding stems
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 servings (12 g) of F3
- 2 servings (16 g) of Beta Heart
- 1 sachet (21.5 g) Herbalife Nutrition Toasted Soy Nuts, Crumbled
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 120 g in tahina
- 120 g of low-fat, white yogurt
- A handful of salad leaves for garnish (optional)
1. If using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight in plenty of cold water.
2. Drain the chickpeas and blend them coarsely in a food processor, then transfer them to a large bowl.
3. Blend the onion, garlic and herbs together until you get a soft paste. Add it to the chickpeas
4. Incorporate the spices, salt, F3, Beta Heart and soy nuts. Shape into small balls and fry them in oil or bake them in the oven at 180C with a little oil for 20-25 minutes until they are well cooked and golden.
5. While the falafels are cooking, mix the tahini and yogurt together. Season to taste.
6. Serve hot or cold falafel with the yoghurt tahini sauce and, if desired, with green salad.
Nutrients per serving
* Only by following the preparation instructions on the label can the product provide all the nutritional benefits described. When using an Herbalife Nutrition product in recipes that require cooking, the levels of some vitamins may be lower than the values listed on the label.